Kogarah Historical Society Inc, PO Box 367, Kogarah NSW 1485
Kogarah Historical Society, now in its 52nd year, was founded in 1970 with aims:
- To encourage the study of Australian History and promote awareness of the history of the Kogarah Municipality.
- To seek to influence preservation of places of historical significance.
- To research and publish local history for the interest of our members and the wider community.
- To provide resources for historical study and research
- To undertake the collection of books, records, manuscripts and artefacts of historical significance to Kogarah
- To liaise with other societies for an interchange of information
- To arrange speakers and displays, to conduct excursions to places of historical interest and to promote other social functions for the benefit of members, their friends and the general community.
The Society meets on the second Thursday of months February to November, at the historic Kogarah School of Arts, cnr Bowns Road and Queens Avenue, Kogarah at 2 pm.
For details of meetings and speakers see here